UniTel Voice offers Virtual Telephone Numbers Loaded with Phone System Features.
Find the perfect virtual DID number that gives your business a local presence or find virtual toll free number that gives your business a nationwide appeal. Sign Up Instantly. 30-Days Risk Free! No Contracts. Phone system features included:
- Custom Greetings
- Unlimited Extensions & Call Forwarding
- Voicemail & Fax to Email
- And more...
Learn more about: Virtual phone numbers
FAQs on Finding Virtual Phone Numbers
What are Virtual Telephone Numbers?
A virtual telephone number also known as Direct Inward Dialing is a telephone number which, has no connection to a direct telephone line. These numbers are used for the purpose of forwarding incoming calls to a particular telephone number, which is chosen by the client. It basically works as an entry point between Voice over Internet Protocol and traditional calls. Learn more about: Toll free phone numbers
What are some unique Features of Virtual Telephone Numbers?
Virtual telephone numbers have lots of features which make them a popular choice for all kinds of businesses. Here is a list of some of these features:
- A virtual phone number provides you with the power to add a new number to any phone that you possess.
- The virtual phone numbers normally work on all kinds of phone and allows your customers to call your business without getting to know the actual number on that particular handset.
- You will be able to receive and make calls from your new number without disturbing your existing numbers.
- You can safely carry out your operations from your landline phone or mobile phone as your original number won't be revealed to your customers. If you call your customers, the virtual phone number will be displayed on their phone.
- There are many virtual phone number providers like UniTel Voice that provide their customers with the option of managing their virtual numbers online.
- You also have the option to control the number of calls that reach you. For instance, you can block any individual caller by having a "number not in service" message. Learn more about: vanity telephone numbers business
How do you use virtual phone numbers?
A virtual telephone number is a perfect tool for organizations to get connected with their customers who are located in a foreign country. For example, a company having their operations in Hong Kong can connect to their customers who are in Chicago without having to pay for a foreign exchange line. It works perfectly for the numerous call centers which works on 24/7 basis and have their offices in different countries.
Certain businesses use these virtual phone number as access numbers like the number that the calling card users have to dial to make the call.
Even individuals make use of these virtual numbers who travel overseas so that their friends and family can contact them while having to pay only for a local call.
How does a virtual telephone number work?
A virtual telephone number works in a very simple way. Here is the step-by-step process:
- You will have to first choose an area code for your virtual number. Soon after you choose number, you can look up toll free numbers and get your new virtual number.
- You will then have to link the virtual phone number to either your landline phone or your work phone.
- Once this is done, you can receive calls from your customers on this virtual number just like any other phone number. However, if you want to make a call, you will have to first call the virtual number and then dial the number which you want to call.
- Finally, you have the option of managing your account information and all your call history on your smartphone or computer.
Once, the cost of these virtual telephone numbers was pretty high, but over a period of time with the boom in the telecom revolution, the rates of making these calls went down drastically. The situation now is very rosy as the calling charges has become so affordable that almost all companies whether big or small have a virtual phone number.